Monday, January 12, 2009

The bad addition

I have never seen a building with a worst addition then then church I encountered on one of my road trips. Most additions are meant to blend in with the rest of the building to create most space. This church must have a huge congregation and they needed more space in the front entry way. But instead of investing some money into this project to make it beautiful red brick matching the rest of the building they make it bland, an ugly brown and cover it in siding. The most beautiful part most churches: the front.

Yuck! This disgusted me and was not even worthy of getting its picture taken but it did have beautiful side windows and I took a photo just so I could share with all of you so you can see what I mean. Don't get me wrong I love the church.. just the old part of the church, the addition was horribly done and ruined its whole sense of character and presentation. Need more space or not, this is just cruel to the world.

No comments:

contact me!

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

Followers