Thursday, February 12, 2009

research

I get alot of people asking me constantly how I find locations. It is under most peoples belief that there are no more than abandoned ghost towns and farms in Saskatchewan. Newsflash, there is more than that in Saskatchewan it just takes some effort. Alot of effort actually, hours and hours, but the payoff is usually worth it. So how do I find all the locations?

Books & Lots of them. Books on travelling. Books on the province. Books on history of the province. Books on towns around the province. Books on churches around the province. Etc.

Maps. All kinds of maps. Maps on paper, new and old and maps on the internet.

The internet. Sites on UE. Sites about the province. Articles on the province. The local news. Sites from local photographers around the province. Etc.

Magazine & news articles. All historical & loaded with information.

Encyclopedias. Self explanatory?

Word of mouth. Stories. Rumours. Speaking with older people & especially those who use to work for CP or CN.

..... and last but not least. Driving. Senseless driving for hours on back roads. Hours well spent to find some very cool locations.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd also like to add a fondness for avoiding the major roads and a lack of regard for how long your trip takes.

contact me!

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

Followers