Monday, March 9, 2009

abandoned religion - exterior

Something that has always surprised me when i go exploring is how many abandoned churches there are. I have found so many of them, most of them only missing the people. Finding a very intact abandoned church is not uncommon. Some are left open for the public to view & sometimes sign a guestbook, others are boarded up so securely there is no chance anyone will get in. I always find these churches so fascinating as most of them are very old and have held up very well against the elements. Some of them are severely vandalized but others are left alone despite the door being wide open. Today religion is not as popular as it once was in this province and churches closing in rural areas is still very common. Since i have so many pictures of abandoned churches i have chosen my favorites and split them into exterior pictures & interior pictures. I will post the exterior pictures here and on my next blog the interior.

the foundations of a church that burnt down

a raven perched on a cross on a church

a Ukrainian church

another Ukrainian church not withstanding the test of time as well

an angel, part of shrine

a very old united church, middle of nowhere, no history

another Ukrainian church hidden in the trees long abandoned

a very old Ukrainian church, boarded up & long abandoned

small church & cemetery

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

vanishedcompass.exploresask.com is very informative. The article is very professionally written. I enjoy reading vanishedcompass.exploresask.com every day.
money loans
pay day loans

contact me!

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

Followers