Monday, May 11, 2009

trip to the jaw of moose

I went to Moose Jaw for the weekend! I know, not the most exciting place in the world but because I have a lack of money and the need to get away it was a great place to go. Off I went, and not on an exploring trip either, but of course I did it anyways. I explored there and back and a bit while I was in the city. Not to many photo's but I was still able to find a few that I feel came out quite well. Here are a few things I learned on this trip:

1. always check for your camera before you drive out of the driveway
2. some people are luckier than others
3. always stay in a hotel with a waterside
4. every event starts on & after may long weekend
5. lounge in trees & not on the ground, that way the ants will not get you
6. tick season starts early
7. there is always a way into an abandoned house even if it doesn't look like it at first
8. Dawg shoes are not durable & should not be worn while walking on grass
9. bring spare batteries with you @ all times
10. do not take a secondary highway on a Sunday, they are busy with farm equipment

Enjoy!

Kitty among foundations of a once abandoned home

abandoned house with tree growing out the side

you would never know this house was abandoned walking in

making coffee in the morning for my partner in crime

pic-a-pop by the crate

7-up by the bottle

abandoned house - looks like the owner never left

3 comments:

PhoenixEnigma said...

Special note should be made of item #1. Failing to heed that advice can make a person feel exceedingly stupid.

Dawn said...

That last picture is kinda creepy, time warp, twi-light zone-ish. Maybe they never did leave...did you check the attic for bodies? Weird.

arilem said...

To true, the whole house was like this, fridge & stove still in place, everything in the bathroom even a full roll of toilet paper on the ledge - good idea i should have checked for bodies :p

contact me!

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

Followers