Wednesday, July 8, 2009

statues & signs

I know I do a lot of blogs about signage in Saskatchewan. This is because there are so many stupid signs in Saskatchewan it is overwhelming. You can be in the middle of nowhere and find the strangest sign wondering why it is there. The same goes for statues & monuments. Sometimes you see something in the distance and you think you may know what it is but when you get closer it is some weird statue/monument. When something like this comes up all you can think of is “huh?” or “WTF”. Well here is a collection of some of the stupid signs & statues we found on our most recent trip.

WTF IS THIS?!?!
This sign was down a basically abandoned road, seriously who is going to see it?
not sure what this one said? looks like one of those "crime watch area" signs
seems a bit dramatic considering its in the middle of nowhere?

2 comments:

PhoenixEnigma said...

I still get a kick out of that last one. Every time. I expect a sign like that posted at the edge of a fiery pit of burning sulfur with hordes of demons, not on a scenic patch of prairie.

Dawn said...

It's a toss up for weirdness between the first and last photo you've posted here. Maybe they were meant to be side by side?

contact me!

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

Followers