Monday, August 10, 2009

silent hotel

I have never explored a hotel.

We were driving down this old highway and passed a small town. Driving down the main strip there were a few abandoned stores and an abandoned hotel/bar!! I was super excited. I knew it would not be much as small towns are usually the hotel upstairs, family lives downstairs & a bar next door. This was no different.
The hotel part was very cool; the main living area for the family was full of stuff including old jukeboxes. All the papers & files were left and the cash register was still in place.

Upstairs most of the rooms still had beds, some had dressers & a few had TV’s. I even found a Gideon’s bible left on one of the beds. The long single empty hallway created a sense of peace & silence.

Attached next door there was the bar, which was in horrible condition. The roof had severe water problems, which were making the roof cave in. You could tell they tried to fix it with foam board & plastic. The bar was abandoned in 2008 and must have closed before the end of their license. Looks like they could not afford the repairs and had to close it down. There was still alcohol in the cooler, the pool table in place; cash register with un-cashed cheque was still there. Even some old creamer was left on one of the tables.

This would have been the happening place at one time, but in a dieing town along an old highway with a building in need of repair its clear why they could not stay open.


No comments:

contact me!

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

Followers