Tuesday, September 22, 2009

gas shortage

I am not sure if this happens to anyone else but it seems every time I am on a trip and I look for a gas station all the ones I find are abandoned! Its not that I don’t like abandoned gas stations but when I need to fill up my car I really wish they were open.

Take for example this one trip where I hit 4 storms in 2.5 hours and I was running out of gas. I saw a sign for a nearby town and it said they had gas. I thought I was in luck, whats the chances of finding a gas station out in the middle of nowhere while trying to avoid storms? It was to good to be true – the gas station had long since been abandoned. The building boarded up and the gas pumps dry.

One of our trips we found a town with another abandoned gas station. Sign still in place, gas pump dry and building sitting empty. Maybe this is just me, but there seem to be a lot of abandoned gas stations in this province.

I figured I could dedicate a blog entry to the abandoned gas stations I have been to. So here are some of my pictures from times when I thought I could get gas and soon realized the pumps were dry and the station was long abandoned.




No comments:

contact me!

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

Followers