Wednesday, May 26, 2010

the mountain trip

Our first of two large trips took place this past weekend. What an amazing trip to say the least.

I had high hopes for this trip. I was going to explore in the Canadian mountains and i didn't have to plan anything. The trip started out terrible for me. One thing lead to another until things got extremely out of hand and i was past my breaking point. I called them all on it. I am treated like one of the guys but i was the only one getting this treatment. (didn't help i was the only girl) Things took a turn for the better after this and i started to enjoy the trip.

We explored some old mines and found plenty of old mining equipment and some ghost towns. Nothing like Saskatchewan - i was fascinated by everything including the mountains, water, wildlife and more. I was educated in the local mining for silver by a man at a museum in a ghost town. It was both educational and entertaining. I got plenty of exercise hiking the mountains and had my ears popped countless times. We saw both coal and silver mines which was very neat.

We also did some tourist stuff like visit hot spring caves which was definitely a highlight in the trip. We stayed at cabins in the mountains and the views were spectacular. I learned alot on this trip and would definitely go back.

Some events from the trip:
- getting covered in coal dust
- having a snowball thrown at me in summer
- seeing the Canadian mountains
- fire near a lake looking at mountains and an almost full moon
- museum tour in a ghost town
- driving up mountain roads
- climbing a crooked ladder then sliding through a fan hole
- forgetting a flashlight and finding one in the building
- climbing under fences
- being covered in salt
- having a bear near our cabin
- hot spring caves
- dealing with three men in a tiny car for 3000+ km

Pictures are in the process of being sorted and should be posted soon. Check back soon.

Here is a sneak peak..
Photo Credit: Phoenix Enigma

No comments:

contact me!

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

Followers