Tuesday, August 17, 2010

valleys hidden treasure

I only have less than three weeks left here and time seems to go by so fast. I have explored everything there is to see in this area except one. When i first moved here i was told that there were huge kilns hidden in the valley as a part of the old brick plant shut down years ago. Nothing remains of the brick plant and i searched the area for days with no luck of finding the kilns. I had given up until recently when someone has mentioned them again and a location they are near.

I quickly grabbed my camera and hit the road. Heading down the only road in the valley i had not been down there they were. In plain site along a busy road they sit in the valley overgrown with plants. I could not believe it was this easy.

They really are a spectacular site to see. Two kilns, remnants of a third and remains of a brick building. They are definitely as large as the ones that can be seen at Claybank. Without any care over the years i am surprised the one is in such good shape. I hope to view these closer before I re-locate.

No comments:

contact me!

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

Followers