Tuesday, December 14, 2010

sask security

Once and a while on trips we run into an area where people are very concerned about their abandoned buildings and make silly attempts to protect them. Most places have what i call "Saskatchewan security" - usually a small wire, broken padlock, wooden board, cement block or broken handle.

On this most recent trip i encountered some things i had never seen before. One was a no trespassing sign nailed to a door... from the inside. The nails were all the way around the outside sticking out. Apparently if you get to close you will learn your lesson? I would like to meet the person that pulled this one off.
We walked up to a church and realized it had a giant board across it. After removing the board and putting it to the side we tried to open the doors - after a bit of tugging saskurbex took off the entire door. It was soon obvious why the board was across the doors in the first place, not to keep people out but to keep the doors on.

No comments:

contact me!

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

Followers