Monday, May 16, 2011

past education

As per my recent post, thanks to nicer weather and dry grids I have been able to get out a lot more than usual. I decided to head out for a day and hit up some small towns I had never visited before. I went with Saskurbex with a plan in mind. Soon realizing that there was much more than we expected to find our trip ran late but we did find some interesting sites.

We found a couple ghost towns, interesting schools, large religious buildings and all sorts of things along the way. With a late start in the day the trip ran into the dark but it was definitely worth it. I have split up the posts because some of the locations are larger.

This post is about a couple of the schools we found. Larger multi roomed schools, one had been converted but its previous state still obvious.

Highlights include:
  • rolling a wheelchair down the hallway of a school
  • having a run in with barbed wire and electrical fence (thank goodness it was off)
  • finding large industrial equipment & a mini press
  • old water fountains
  • converted room into a gym
  • brick buildings!
  • finding a shower in one of the schools


No comments:

contact me!

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

Followers