Tuesday, March 13, 2012

spring fever

I had originally planned to head out a few weeks ago but we got a dump of snow which put a halt to all my plans. Finally the snow is fading and the nice weather continues. I decided to head out and photograph some churches - mark some more off my list of ukrainian churches to see in the province. I had a route all planned out thinking it would be a short but rewarding trip.

As per all my trips this one was an all day event and I made it to every church but two. The giant snow drifts prevented me from reaching two of them but I did get to see most of them. Some churches were already gone - but this is the reality of it. These rural churches do not last - being closed and abandoned many years ago they don't last forever and each year I see more and more of them disappear.

Anyways, here are the exterior pictures of some of my favorite churches from the trip - not all but a few. The interior pictures will be in my next post.








No comments:

contact me!

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

Followers